Sorbetto Spring Blouse Version

I made this Sorbetto back in March but am only posting it up now as I decided it deserved its own listing. This is just cheap cotton from Spotlight, but it has a gorgeous print that I just love and is bursting with spring.  It is also a lovely fabric, it hardly creases.

For this version I applied the fitting lessons from my previous two versions: a sloping shoulder adjustment and grading from a size 2 in the shoulders to a 6 in the hips, plus I lowered and angled the bust dart as that seemed to be more flattering for my (cough) small bust.  I cut the size 18 length and as the armholes are very high and tight, this was easily fixed by cutting the size 16 armholes.

I added the sleeves available free here, although I did make them a little less full by taking out some of the sleeve width (just cut straight down the middle from shoulder line to hem and then moved both pieces in about 3/4 inch, re-taped together and smoothed out the shoulder curve, it worked perfectly) and made it into a blouse by not cutting the front on the fold and then using the pleat section as facings.  I used a hot pink pias binding, saving me heaps of time as I did not need to make the bias trim, and used it on the neckline and sleeves.  I also used the pink bias binding to cover some buttons, which look great and worth the effort to make.

I added a bit more shape to the blouse by adding darts front and back, working out the placement just by trying it on and pinning what looked good.

The inside facing with bound edges and showing the front darts.