Red Velvet Hack – Peplum Tunic

I used the remnants of the navy blue crepe to make another Red Velvet.  This one I didn’t have enough for a skirt but just enough for a peplum.

For the bottom part I basically just cut a long rectangle with a bit of an angle at the sides to accomodate waist to hip curve/shape and made it about 4″ wider than the midrif piece, then gathered it in to fit, keeping the gathers in the centre (more slimming and gut hiding).  The length was dictated entirely by how much fabric I had, so its a bit longer than my normal top length.  I was too lazy to shorten it.

I didn’t do the collar for this, its just a T-shirt really.

Its a win because its essentially a free top and good for covering lumps and bumps.  I wore it today wearing a hot pink scarf to liven it up a bit.

  • Velosewer

    Nice redrafting work.

  • Nice redrafting work.

  • Sharon

    Great addition of the peplum!

  • Great addition of the peplum!

  • Very cute hack, Janelle! 🙂

  • Very cute hack, Janelle! 🙂

  • I love your reasoning – a simple tee from left overs to hide lump and bumps, I think I need to make one of these 🙂

  • Pendle Stitches

    This is a really lovely hack. I may have to steal your idea!

  • This is a really lovely hack. I may have to steal your idea!