I managed to find a lady from Dubbo on Ebay this week who was getting rid of some her stash so I was able to get my hands on a few pieces of fabric for less than $20 in total, including postage. I’m very happy with this as I have enough for 3 projects for me plus 2 somethings for my girls plus fabric that will come in handy at some point for either linings or muslins.
I have to work with:
|3.5 metres of 88 cm wide vintage gignham.|
This gingham just wants to be made into a dress. I thought it would work really well for Simplicity 2588, one of the straight skirt options. I don’t think due to the narrow width I would have enough for a fuller skirt.
|A mixed lot of mystery vintage chiffon and other synthetics|
The lady I brought this from describes it all thusly:
“Mixed Bundle of Fabric…. Includes Cotton, Taffeta, Silk , Chiffon.plus a few other pieces of lovely fabrics.
1) Chiffon….Mauve, Green & Grey tones. ..Absolutely stunning piece of fabric …114cm x 3.6 Mtrs… Could be a chiffon blend……
2) Mustard Colour Chiffon type of fabric…..could be a blend. 108cm wide x 2 Metres
3) Deep Aqua Blue Shantung….112 cm wide x 1 Metre
4) Green Cotton Blend with Orange white & mauve flowers & trees…..88cm wide x 2.2 Metres
5) Yellow Lining Fabric ( a bit like taffeta only softer) ….110 cm wide x 3.3 Metres
There are also some off cuts of silk and another small piece of fabric like taffeta only softer. “
One of these pieces is going to be used as wearable muslin for the Taffy Blouse. The pale green (picture top left) with the trees is also a good option for a dress of some kind. The chiffon in the bottom right is lovely and would love to be a gorgeous blouse but also I have enough for a dress.